Where do you begin when buying a diamond? Jewelry Buyers Dallas understands purchasing a diamond is a big deal if it’s your 1st time or 50th time.
This is for those in the market to purchase a diamond and have no clue where to begin
Here is a quick guide to help you confidently buy diamonds.
Pick a Reputable Jeweler
When you first start to shop for a diamond it is important to only look at reputable jewlers. Research local wholesale diamond dealers and jewelry stores in your area. Jewelry Buyers Dallas has 5 stars on Google and has helped thousands of customers over several decades.
We encourage you to not make your diamond purchases through branded retail stores as you will end up paying more to accommodate all the overhead costs.
Know the 4 C’s
The 4Cs of a diamond is the universal way of communicating a diamond’s quality characteristics. Understanding these 4 main components help you express a diamond’s value. The 4 Cs are–Cut, Carat Weight, Clarity, and Color.
- Color: Color is graded on a D-to-Z scale, with D meaning that a diamond is completely colorless and Z meaning that a diamond has light yellow or brown color. In this color range, diamonds with less color are rarer and more highly sought-after.
- Clarity: Diamond clarity refers to the absence of internal features, called inclusions, and surface irregularities, called blemishes. Clarity is graded on a scale from Flawless to Included.
- Cut: The quality of a diamond’s cut determines how well it interacts with light. A diamond’s proportions, symmetry and polish determine its brightness (or brilliance), scintillation (or sparkle) and fire (flashes of color).
- Carat Weight: Diamond carat weight determines a diamond’s apparent size. Generally speaking, the greater the carat weight, the rarer and more valuable the diamond, if the other Cs are comparable.
Once you know the 4C’s the next thing you should do is to ask yourself “which C is the most important to me?” When you can answer that question the next thing we recommend you research is diamond shapes.
A diamond shape refers to its overall physical form and geometric outline. Shape is important to consider when purchasing a diamond because it directly influences the price.
What shape is the best? Well that’s your own opinion to make, one of our best sellers would be Round diamonds. The cut of this diamond allows the most sparkle and brilliance!
Other shapes such as Pear, Cushion, and Princess are not as popular as the Round but can often cost less than the round cut of the same carat weight. Non-Round diamonds are referred to as fancy shapes.
Each shape has its pros and cons, it’s all up to your personal preference!
The safest way to purchase a diamond is to purchase one with a certificate issued by a reputable gem laboratory.
Well known gem labs we suggest are:
- Gemological Institute of America (GIA)
- American Gem Society (AGS)
A diamond certificate ensures a diamond’s quality by listing its cut, quality, color, and weight. Adding a certificate will help your diamond hold its value over time. We encourage you to always buy a diamond with a certificate
Protect your Purchase
When you have found your perfect diamond and have it in your possession the first thing you need to do is get it insured. Knowing the emotional, personal and financial nature of diamonds, it is critical to insure the purchase you have made.
Diamond insurance is not only going to protect your investment and give you complete coverage but it will also give you some peace of mind about your newest purchase. Here at Jewelry Buyers Dallas we highly reccomend Diamond insurance.
Now that you have your new found knowledge, time to go out and use it. Try not to rush the process, and make sure to go to a reputable jewelers like Jewelry Buyers Dallas.
Jewelry Buyers Dallas carries a wide variety of Diamonds suitable for everyone’s taste. You can start by scheduling an appointment to come into our office by calling 972-726-993 or by texting us at 469-662-8288. Or you can send us a detailed email at email@example.com. Visit Us at 5757 Alpha Rd #605 Dallas, Tx 75240.
Find More Information across our website here.