Looking to sell jewelry for extra cash? We pay cash for gold!
Often people receive jewelry or gold as gifts. If you’ve ever inherited gold before, it can be confusing to know the value of your jewelry. Here are some tips on what to know when selling gold jewelry.
Understanding Pure Gold
When it comes to gold, solid gold is the most pure, softest, and highly priced metal. 24 karate gold is pure gold, and is also known as “The Gold Standard”. It’s common that most jewelry will have distinctive markings/stamping informing you of metal the piece. These are common markings you will find for pure gold jewelry:
- 9 karate gold – stamped with 9K, 9KT or .375 (37.5% Gold purity)
- 10 karate gold – stamped with 10K, 10KT or .417 (41.7% Gold purity)
- 12 karate gold: – stamped with 12K, 12KT, or .50 (50% Gold purity)
- 14 karate gold – stamped with 14K, 14KT or .585 (58.5% Gold purity)
- 18 karate gold: – stamped with 18K, 18KT, or .750 (75% Gold purity)
- 22 karate gold: – stamped with 22K, 22KT, or .916 (91.6% Gold purity)
- 24 karate gold: – stamped with 24K, 24KT, or .917 to .999
If you are having difficulty finding the stamped markings on your gold jewelry, don’t worry. Your jewelry buying experts have a diverse range of methods for testing your metal type. These methods are in place to help properly value jewelry, and help to weave out falsely stamped items.
Things to look for in your gold is: 1.Consistent color in the metal 2.The types of gemstones or diamonds in the jewelry (if applicable) 3.Where the jewelry came from
Spotting Gold-Plated & Gold-Filled Jewelry
There are a variety methods to testing if your gold is not solid gold. Be sure to bring your jewelry buyer gold questions to a trained jeweler for a proper jewelry appraisal. Here are some stamps you may find if your piece is not solid gold.
- 14K 1/20 – This means the jewelry is “gold filled”. There is 1 part gold to every 20 parts of other material. The 14 indicates the type of gold used (14-carat gold)
- 14K G.F. ( gold-filled)
- 14K G.P. (gold-plated)
- 14K H.G.E. ( hydrostatic gold electroplating)
- 14K G.E.P. ( gold electroplating)
- .925 (sterling silver)
The upside of gold plated jewelry & gold filled jewelry is that you can embrace luxury jewelry on a budget. Although, this type of metal does fade over time and does not offer you a high sell back price.
Why choose Jewelry Buyers Dallas to Buy your Gold?
- Thoroughly trained Jewelry Buyer industry experts
- We pay hard Cash for Gold & Diamonds
- Wholesale Diamond & Gold dealers – cuts out all middle men
- Giving you a fair value is our priority
We value the importance in establishing a trustworthy professional relationship with you.
It’s time for you to sell gold and to sell diamonds! Jewelry Buyers Dallas is the best place to sell jewelry. Having been in the industry for over 25 years, our expert jewelry buyers are well trained at buying & selling gold in Dallas. We are leading industry experts in selling & buying wholesale diamonds and offer the best gold prices in Dallas & best prices for diamonds in Dallas. It is important to us that you received a fair price for your jewelry, as we know there is much sentiment and value attached to your items. Thanks to our in-house team of trained experts, we are able to establish a full value of your diamond & gold jewelry, passing on the increased value to you.
We pay top dollar not only for your diamond and gold jewelry but also…
- loose diamonds, engagement rings, estate jewelry, tennis bracelets, diamond earrings, broken or chipped diamonds, fine watches, diamond jewelry, diamond band, platinum rings, and more!
We are the Best Jewelry Consignment in Dallas. We offer a jewelry consignment program for higher prices on all your diamonds and gold jewelry such as…
- Engagement Rings, Halo Settings Engagement Rings, 3 Stone Engagement Rings, Solitaires, Bridal Rings,Wedding Bands Dallas for men and women
Jewelry Buyers Dallas serves the Dallas/Ft. Worth area paying cash and higher prices for all of your diamond, gold, platinum jewelry. We purchase designer jewelry such Tiffany Jewelry, Cartier, Rolex, Neil Lane, and many others. Whatever jewelry you wish to sell let Jewelry Buyers Dallas appraise your gold jewellery designs for the best deal possible.
For more tips, advice, diamond specials and info on cash for gold near me, be sure to follow us on social media @JewelryBuyersDallas
Head over to Diamond And Gold Warehouse to see how we turn the diamonds and gold we buy into exquisite jewelry pieces.
Contact Us :
Call : 972.726.9933
Email (Fill out contact forum)
Follow Us & Rate Your Experience!